Waffles are a popular choice for breakfast, especially in European and American countries. However, many people also eat waffles as a dessert, with afternoon tea and coffee.
Waffles are made of nutritious grains, dairy, eggs, and honey. They are a perfect meal for children. Even picky eaters can’t resist a sweet and fluffy waffle.
If you have a waffle maker at home, you can easily prepare a healthy and nutritious breakfast for yourself and your family, in a matter of minutes.
There are many brands and types of waffle makers on the market. This guide will show you how to choose the best ones.
Things To Consider Before Buying
A waffle maker has a wide range of styles and functions. The size, thickness, quality, and quantity of the waffles are also different. You can choose according to your own preferences.
1. The type of waffle maker
The first thing you need to do is to find out what kind of waffle you prefer.
Different types of waffle makers make specific waffle styles.
- Traditional: If you like thinner and crispier waffles, a traditional style waffle maker is your best choice. This type of waffle maker has a shallow baking pan. The size is usually between 5-7 inches.
- Belgian style: This type of waffle maker’s baking pan is deeper than the traditional type. The waffles are light, fluffy, and crispy on the outside.
- Multifunctional: Some waffle makers also include other cooking functions, such as the ability to fry eggs, fry bacon, or grill sandwiches.
Generally speaking, the Belgian-style waffle maker is more popular because the waffles come out softer and thicker.
Some models are specially designed with cute cartoon shapes, such as Mickey Mouse. They are great for young children, which can indirectly increase your baby’s appetite.
2. The cooking speed
Different waffle makers vary greatly in cooking speed. For example, when cooking two waffles, some models can heat continually and quickly, while others need to be reheated after pouring the ingredients for the second waffle.
Therefore, if you have a large family and need to make several waffles, it is best to choose a waffle maker that can heat continuously, or choose one that can make two waffles at the same time.
3. Indicator light and buzzer
Choose a waffle maker with a visual/sound indicator. These waffle makers will light up or buzz when preheating or cooking is completed.
Some models do not have these functions, so it can be more difficult to control the temperature and cooking process.
4. Easy to clean
Most waffle makers have a non-stick coating on the baking tray. This makes the waffle maker easier to clean. However, the quality of the coating can be uneven, so choose a reputable brand.
In addition, it is best to choose a waffle maker with removable bakeware for easy cleaning.
The Best-Rated Waffle Makers To Buy
|Stainless steel||ceramic non-stick coating||1100|
|Stainless steel||bake 2 waffles at the same time||1400|
|Stainless steel||bakeware detachable||850|
|4||DASH No-Drip |
|Hard plastic||with built-in overflow channel||1200|
|Stainless steel||traditional type, thin and crispy||850|
|Stainless steel||vertical design, anti-spill|
1. Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker– Best overall
This typical Belgian-style waffle maker is very popular in the market. Its biggest feature is its simplicity and ease of use. Even children can operate it safely. However, it is best to only let them cook with adult supervision.
With a unique 180-degree flip design, this waffle maker can spread the batter evenly. You can use it to make extra-thick waffles with a crispy outside and fluffy, tender inside.
The baking pan has a ceramic non-stick coating and it does not contain harmful chemicals. You can easily remove any waffle and clean the pan with wipes.
The exterior of this waffle maker is made of stainless steel, which is more durable, easy to clean and cooks faster.
- It’s safe and easy-to-use.
- Brushed stainless steel exterior.
- Professional-style rotating design.
- Bakes extra-thick Belgian waffles in minutes.
- With a ceramic nonstick interior, it’s easy to clean.
- With a digital timer, it is easy to control the cooking process.
- Easy to store. Locks in a vertical position to save space.
- The bakeware cannot be removed.
- The timer needs to be powered by a separate battery
This double-layer waffle maker can bake two 1-inch thick waffles at the same time. If you have a large family, this can save you a lot of time. It is also one of the easiest waffle makers to use on the market.
The modern design is another feature. The exterior is made of high-quality stainless steel, which is anti-fouling, anti-rust, and easy to clean.
This waffle maker has a 6-level browning temperature control button that can easily control the cooking time and the taste of the waffle.
It also has 2 LED-ready indicator lights and 3 audio beep tones, which signal you when each waffle is done.
The non-stick bakeware makes it easy to take out the waffles, without leaving debris and can be cleaned with a napkin or cloth.
- Saves time. Bakes two Belgian waffles at a time.
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s easy to clean.
- When baking two waffles, you can adjust the temperature and control the cooking process separately.
- Each layer of bakeware has an independent indicator light and timer.
- Bakeware cannot be disassembled.
- It takes up more storage space.
This Belgian-style waffle maker has a super flip design. It can easily bake golden, fluffy waffles within minutes. With an adjustable browning control and the ability to flip waffles during cooking, you can make restaurant-quality waffles according to your taste.
The exterior is made of brushed stainless steel, which is more wear-resistant and durable.
The biggest highlight is that its non-stick coated bakeware and drip tray are detachable, so it is easy to wash by hand or in a dishwasher.
- It’s easy to use.
- The grids and drip tray are removable and dishwasher-safe for simple cleanup.
- Power on & ready to cook indicator lights, help you master the cooking process more easily.
- Advanced heating technology makes heating more uniform.
- It provides the function of adjustable browning control.
- The baking pan size is relatively small.
- It takes up more storage space.
The most troublesome aspect of using a waffle maker is that the excess batter can easily overflow and drip everywhere. This adds a lot of extra clean-up time.
This waffle maker has a built-in overflow channel to collect excess batter. Even if the batter is overfilled, it will not spill onto your countertops.
Another advantage is that the batter that flows into the overflow channel will turn into a sweet and delicious waffle stick that children will love.
The cooking time of the waffle depends on the amount of batter you use. It takes 8 to 10 minutes on average to bake thoroughly.
There is no built-in timer on this waffle maker, but once the steam stops and the indicator light goes out, you will know that the cooking is complete.
- Convenient and easy to use,
- Anti-spill with an overflow channel.
- Easy to clean.
- Double non-stick surface, heats evenly.
- It doesn’t take up too much space.
- The exterior is made of hard plastic, so it is not as durable as stainless steel.
- It doesn’t have temperature control or a timer.
This is the most popular of the traditional waffle makers, on the market. This waffle maker heats up and cooks faster. The finished waffle is thinner but more crispy.
The brushed stainless steel exterior is wear-resistant and durable. It also maintains a good appearance even after a few years.
The whole device is small, light, and compact. It can be stored upright and the power cord can be wound at the bottom, so it doesn’t take up too much space.
With the functions of a non-stick baking tray, five-speed browning controls, and dual indicator lights, you can easily bake crispy and delicious waffles within minutes.
- Fast cooking.
- Easy to use and clean.
- It does not take up very much space.
- The baking tray cannot be removed.
- There is no buzzer.
This waffle maker is a bit different. It has a vertical design with a batter pour spout. It also includes a measuring cup that you can use to pour the batter from the upper filling port.
This feature allows you to better control the amount of ingredients. Therefore, there should be no problems with insufficient filling or excessive batter spilling on the outside of the waffle maker. It also takes up less space on your countertop.
This waffle maker has five levels of browning control, a baking/finish indicator, and a buzzer. These functions ensure that your waffles are perfectly baked to the look and taste you want.
- Unique designing.
- It takes up less room on the counter.
- Anti-spill design.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Measuring cup included.
- Fast heating and cooking.
- The batter cannot be too thick, otherwise, it is not easy to pour through the spout to the fill line.
Waffle Recipes And How To Eat
Recipes are usually included when buying a waffle maker. They also show how to configure the batter and how to cook it.
Here is one popular recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 3/4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Mix the above ingredients into a batter, pour it into the waffle maker, and bake.
When the fluffy and delicious waffles are finished, how you eat them, and what you put on them depends entirely on you.
- Topped with honey, maple syrup, powdered sugar, chocolate sauce
- Served with butter, yogurt, sour cream, jam, or ice cream
- Served with berries, fruits, or nuts
Choosing the best waffle maker can make any meal more full of flavor and sweetness. On a sunny morning or cozy afternoon, it is nice to enjoy a waffle and coffee with your family and friends.